Today we have a guest blogger… WALKER… as told to DADDY! Here’s what the day looked like while Mommy was at work:
- 7:45 am – Mommy leaves for meeting at Adobe in San Jose. Bye, Mommy! See you soon!
- 8:10 am – I’m a little tired of Daddy reading me the newspaper, so I start yelling about my full diaper. He finally gets the message and changes my gear. I get into my dapper grey whale outfit after cheesing all over my green pajamas.
- 8:35 am – Gonna catch a few more Zs in the bassinet. Walker out!
- 9:05 – Gotta half-hour nap in before I feel the need to start whacking Baby Cthulu with my foot. Take *that*, underworld creature!
- Daddy and I play on the bed until 9:35. I start to yell some more. Daddy starts to sing one of his ridiculous made-up songs to me: “Whaddaya think? Do you wanna have a drink? Do you want some milk and cookies? NO COOKIES!” I don’t even know what cookies *are,* Daddy; heat me up a bottle of that boob juice, stat!
- OK, finished up five ounces at 10 am. I don’t drink from the bottle as fast as I used to, but neither does Daddy. We’re both getting old, I guess.
- 10:15 am – Daddy changes my diaper again. Bye, bye, poop! Seeya at noon!
- 10:30 am – Daddy and I split for a walk down the Great Highway bike/stroller/jogging path.
- 11:30 am – An hour out and we made it to Fulton, where we stopped for pictures. Daddy got some Vitamin Water at the gas station like he always does. I keep sleeping, even when Daddy snapped his pictures. I have to say, I like being wheeled around in the sun.
- 12 noon – Daddy talks to his friend Rob Lavender in Washington D.C. while I sleep through it. I did hear him say, “Hey, dude! Talkin’ to you cordless!” which apparently is a joke they’ve shared between them for over twenty years. Either that, or it’s a line from some movie. Probably both.
- 12:30 – Get home in time for serious diaper change and talk to Mommy a bit, who’s on her way home.
- 1:00 pm – Kick back another 5 ounces of boob juice. Hang out in the swingy chair.
- 1:30 pm – try a little tummy time.
- 1:50 pm – Mommy’s Home! Mommy’s Home!
Walker clearly had a wonderful time. When I got home, both he and Larry were on the floor and Walker was giggling and giggling and giggling. Larry was singing Dana Carvey’s “Chopping Broccoli” song to him and making chopping motions. I don’t know what it was that tickled his funnybone but I have a feeling we’ll be hearing the song a lot. (Note: Walker doesn’t think it’s funny when I sing it. It’s nice to have something that is just Daddy’s.)
While it will be hard to go back to work, I know Walker will be just fine.